SCOVA MEETING IMPORTANT DISCUSSIONS
The 27th meeting of SCOVA was held on 13.11.2015. Honourable Minister of State (PP) & Chairman SCOVA attended. The following important points and decisions emerged in that meeting.
1. · 9697 PPOs are still pending to be issued with Revised PPOs for Pre-2006 Pensioners.
· Health Insurance scheme for pensioners in Non-CGHS Areas: Ministry of Health has informed that after consultations with various Ministries and Insurance Companies, a scheme for Health Insurance has been prepared for employees and pensioners. An EFC Memo would be circulated soon.
· CGHS facilities to all P&T Pensioners: It was demanded that since on 22.08.2014 the Supreme Court had finally disposed of the SLP, the OMs of Health Ministry dated 1.8.1996 and 1.9.1996 must be withdrawn and all P&T Pensioners must be allowed into CGHS . Ministry of Health has informed that a proposal for extending the CGHS benefit to all P&T pensioners on par with other Government Pensioners has been sent for approval to Department of Expenditure.
· Extension of benefit of upgraded Grade Pay to Pre-2006 Pensioners of S-12 Grade: Department of Expenditure has informed that the matter is under its consideration and a response would be sent to Ministry of Pension within a week.
· Pension re-fixation to Pre-2006 Pensioners with less than 33 years of service: As the Revision Petition in the Supreme Court filed by the Government had been rejected by the Apex Court on 26.08.2015, the matter is under examination.
· Refixation of pension from 1.1.2006: It is instructed to implement the orders dated 30th July, 2015 before 31.10.2015.