Two-days session of State Working Committee of
AIPRPA Tamilnadu - 15-16, November, 2014 - Erode
A two-days session of the State Working Committee of AIPRPA Tamilnadu State was held at Erode on 15th and 16th November, 2014. The SWC was presided over by the State President Comrade M.Kannaiyan. The Reception Committee headed by the Erode District Secretary Comrde N.Ramasamy has made very good arrangements for accommodation and deliberations. A detailed discussion was held on the work paper submitted by the State General Secretary Comrade K.Ragavendran. 36 State Office Bearers and District Secretaries have participated in the discussion. Leaders of BSNL DOT Pensioners Association, NFPE P3, P4 State and Divisional leaders have greeted the SWC.
The following important decisions were taken:
1.To observe the day of 17.12.2014 as the “Pensioners & Senior Citizens Day as well as the Centenary celebration of birth of Nakara”. Efforts will be taken to hold the Day jointly by other pensioners organisations through the Coordinating Committee of Central, State Government and Public Sector Pensioners Organisations of Tamilnadu State.
2.AIPRPA Legal & Defence Cell has been formed to help employees and pensioners facing disciplinary proceedings on the eve of their retirement. The Cell besides the State President and State General Secretary will contain Comrades M.R.Meenakshisundaram (Chennai); G.Rajamani (Chennai); S.Santhanaraman (Vellore); Advocate V.Rajaram (Dindigul); Advocate S.Thiyagarajan (Madurai); and Advocate S.Arun (Chennai) as Members. Comrade M.R.Meenakshisundaram will function as the Coordinator of this Cell.
3. To form the organisation of AIPRPA in districts where we have no branches at present, the following Office Bearers are given responsibility:
1. Ramnad: Comrades G.Subbaiah and P.Rajanayagam.
2. Theni & Virudhunagar: Comrades V.Rajaram, A.Marudai and G.Subbaiah.
3. Madurai: Comrade Shanmuga Sundarraja will discuss with the existing Pensioners Organisation in Madurai to explore the possibilities of merger.
4. Karur: Comrades N.Selvan and N.Ramasamy.
5. Thanjavur: Comrades Thanjai Sadasivam and N.Selvan.
6. Mayiladuturai & Nagapattinam: Comrades M.Kannaiyan and K.Ragavendran.
7. Pattukottai & Kumbakonam: G.C.Narasimhulu & N.Selvam.
8. Villupuram & Cuddalore: R.Natarajan & S.Santhanaraman.
9. Tiruvellore: Comrade S.Santhanaraman will take efforts with the existing pensioners’ organisation.
10. Krishnagiri: Comrades P.Sanku, S.Subramanian and S.Karunanidhi.
4. The membership of existing District / Divisional Associations of AIPRPA has touched around 5000 at present. It has been decided to undertake a membership campaign to increase it to 10,000.
5. All District Committees will organise Special General Body meetings within one month to educate the contents of 7th Pay Commission Memorandum submitted by AIPRPA and the importance of mobilisation activities on issues like DA/DR Merger and Interim Relief, Pre-2006 pensioners problems etc.
6. All District Secretaries will forge contact with other pensioners organisations and service unions of various organisations in every district headquarters to launch united programmes like the calls of WFTU etc in future.
7. A Circular will be issued monthly by the State Headquarters on developments in Pensioners Front for the information of all Districts / Divisions until a final decision on running a monthly or bi-monthly journal for the AIPRPA is taken in future.
8. Issues like delay in payment of DR to pensioners; Problems faced by the Pensioners in the POSB Counters on the pension day; Non-implementation of 24-09-2012 orders in favour of pre-2006 pensioners in several divisions etc will be taken up by the State Association and the CHQ for addressing to appropriate authorities.
The following two important resolutions were also adopted in the SWC:
1.On permitting the P&T Pensioners to join CGHS without any discrimination and without any condition like insisting that they should have been CGHS beneficiaries while in service etc in line with the judgment of Kerala CAT and High Court of Kerala.
2, Implementing Court Judgment with regard to pre-2006 pensioners from 1.1.2006 for all pensioners.
Some photographs taken during the State Working Committee session are given below:
|A view of Office Bearers in SWC Meeting|
|A view of Office Bearers|
|Dais of the State Working Committee Meeting|
|S.Santhanaraman State Finance Secretary|
|M.R.Meenakshisundaram Chennai District Secretary|
|Jothimani Deputy Circle Secretary P4 NFPE|
|State OGS B.Raghunathan|
|State Working President G.C.Narasimhulu|
|N.Ramasamy Erode District Secretary|
|N.Shanmugham Salem District Secretary|
|Shanmugha Sundarraja CHQ OGS handing over CHQ Quota to GS|
|T.Mani Namakkal District Secretary receiving AIC Momento from State President|
|State Working President A.C.Dharanipathy|
|State President M.Kannaiyan delivering Presidential Speech|
|State GS K.Ragavendran summing up the debate|