VICTORY AT LAST! LET US REJOICE!!
At Last the Government relents to grant higher pay scale benefit for pension fixation to Pre-2006 HSG-1 Postmasters and other S-12 Pay Scale Holders!
The Recommendation of the Pension Ministry has been accepted by the Department of Expenditure and resultantly the following orders have been issued!
We the S-12 Pay Scale holding Pre-2006 Pensioners have made the advancement. But the struggle of other Pensioners retired from various other posts or cadres continues. However, AIPRPA is proud that our consistent voice for the acceptance of Pre-2006 S-12 Pay Scale holding HSG-1 Postmasters have ultimately resulted in victory!
The orders released today is reproduced below _ KR GS AIPRPA
No. 38/33112-P&PW (A)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, PG & Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioners' Welfare
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan
Khan Market, New Delhi-l l 0 003
Dated the 4th January, 2019
Sub r- Revision of pension w.e.f. 1.1.2006 ofPre-2006 pensioners who retired from the 5th CPC scale of Rs. 6500-10500/-.
The undersigned is directed to say that as per Para 4.2 of this Department's OM of even number dated 01.09.2008 relating to revision of pension of pre-2006 pensioners w.e.f. 1.1.2006, the revised pension w.e.f. 1.1.2006, in no case, shall be lower than 50% of the sum of the minimum of pay in the pay band and the grade pay thereon corresponding to the prerevised pay scale from which the pensioner had retired.
2. Instructions were issued vide this Department's OM of even number dated 28.1.2013 for stepping up of pension ofpre-2006 pensioners w.e.f. 24.9.2012 to 50% of the sum of the minimum of pay in the pay band and the grade pay thereon corresponding to the pre-revised pay scale from which the pensioner had retired, as arrived at with reference to the fitment tables annexed to Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure's OM No. 1I1I2008-IC dated 30th August, 2008. A concordance table indicating the revised pension/family pension of pre-2006 pensioners in terms of instructions contained in para 4.2 of OM dated 1.9.2008 read with the OM dated 28.1.2013 was also annexed to the OM dated 28.1.2013. Subsequently, orders were issued vide this Department's OM of even number dated 30.7.2015 that the pension/family pension of all pre-2006 pensioners/family pensioners may be revised in accordance with this Department's OM No. 38/37/08-P&PW(A) dated 28.1.2013 with effect from 1.1.2006 instead of 24.9.2012.
3. In the aforesaid OM dated 28.1.2013 of Department of Pension & Pensioners' Welfare, the grade pay corresponding to the pre-revised pay scale of Rs. 6500-10500 was shown as Rs. 4200/- and the minimum pension in terms of para 4.2 of the OM dated 1.9.2008 was shown as Rs. 8145/- (50% of minimum pay of Rs. 16,290/- as per fitment table for the pre-revised scale of pay of Rs. 6500-10500, annexed to Ministry of Finance, Department of
Expenditure's OM No. 1I1/2008-1C dated 30th August, 2008).
4. Order were issued vide Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure's OM No.1.1.2008-1C dated 13.11.2009 that the posts which were in the pre-revised scale of Rs. 6500-10500 as on 1.1.2006 and which were granted the normal replacement pay structure of grade pay of Rs. 4200/- in the pay band PB-2, will be granted grade pay of Rs. 4600/- in the pay band PB-2 corresponding to the pre-revised scale of Rs, 7450-11,500 w.e.f. 1.1.2006.
5. Representations have been received in this Department for extending the benefit of grade pay of Rs. 4600/- for revision of pension/family pension, w.e.f. 1.1.2006, in respect of Pre-2006 pensioners who retired/died in the 5th CPC scale of Rs. 6500-10500/- or equivalent pay seale in the earlier Pay Commission periods. The matter regarding the amount of minimum pension/family pension in terms of para 4.2 of the O.M. dated 1.9.2008 in their case has been re-examined in the light of the orders issued by Ministry of Finance (Department of Expenditure) vide their OM No.l/l/08-IC dated 13.11.2009 and decisions of courts in certain cases. It has been observed that pay
of all serving employees in the pre-revised pay scale of Rs. 6500-10500/- has been fixed w.e.f.1.1.2006 in the grade pay ofRs. 4600/-. Therefore, the grade pay of Rs, 4600/- can be considered as the grade pay corresponding to the pre-revised pay scale of Rs. 6500-10500/-.
6. Accordingly, it has been decided that, for the purpose of revision of pension/family pension w.e.f. 1.1.2006 under para 4.2 of the O.M. dated 1.9.2008, the Grade Pay of Rs. 4600/- may be considered as the corresponding Grade pay in the case of pre-2006 pensioners who retired/died in the 5th CPC scale of Rs. 6500-10500/- or equivalent pay scale in the earlier Pay Commission periods,
7. In accordance with the provisions of Rule 7 of the CCS (Revised Pay) Rules, 2008, the pay corresponding to the pay of Rs. 6500/- in the pre-revised pay scale of Rs. 6500-10500/- would beRs. 12090/- in the PB-2. After adding the grade pay of Rs. 4600/-, the pay in the Pay Band! Grade Pay corresponding to the pay of Rs. 6500/- in the pre-revised pay scale of Rs. 6500-10500 would be Rs. 16690/- (12090+4600). Accordingly, the revised pension w.e.f. 1.1.2006 in terms of para 4.2 of OM dated 1.9.2008, for the pre-2006 pensioners who retired from the pay scale of Rs.6500-10500/- in the 5th CPC or equivalent pay scales in the earlier Pay Commissions would be Rs.8345/-. Accordingly the entries at serial number 13 in the annexure of this Department's OM No.38/37/08-P&PW(A) dated 28.1.2013 may be substituted by the entries shown in the/statement annexed to this O.M. • .
8. As provided in this Department's OM dated 28.1.2013, in case the consolidated pension/family pension calculated as per para 4.1 of this Department's OM No. 38/37/08-P&PW(A) dated 1.9.2008 is higher than the pension/family pension calculated in the manner indicated above, the same (higher consolidated pension/family pension) will continue to be treated as basic pension/family pension.
9. In their application to the persons belonging to the India Audit and Accounts Department, these orders are issued in consultation with the comptroller and Auditor General of India.
10. All the Ministries/Departments are requested to bring the contents of these orders to the notice of Controller of Accounts/Pay and Accounts Officers and Attached and subordinate Offices under them. They are also requested to revise the pension of the affected pre-2006 pensioners in accordance with the instructions contained in this O.M. on a top priority basis.
11. Hindi version will follow.
All MinistrieslDepartments of Government of India as per mailing list.